Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Joe the Programmer

One of the things I have been working on is a website update. Overall I'm happy with it, but it isn't exactly mobile-friendly, and I'm not interested in creating a mobile-only site. It's good, but I feel it could be much better.

One of the things I am doing is trying to work with Soundcloud to place my music in a more universally accessible format and to take advantage of some of the sleek and appealing designs available. The problem I have run into is the necessity of using a flash player, which was part of the appeal of Soundcloud with its HTML5 widget. However, this thing is HUGE and unwieldy. The only small widget they have is flash-only, so I'm trying to walk a line of unwieldy graphics and the preferable, tiny, elegant, but useless mini player.

There are options for custom players, using javascripting, which is something I'm leery of, simply because I know nothing about it. Yet. The rate this is going, I expect to post my new site in 2015. I guess it's time to learn something new!